Wednesday, May 30, 2007

30 before 30!


Milestone birthdays...been awhile since I had one....now I am ready for the next.

30 doesn't scare me that much - but I have been saying for the last couple of years..."oh I want to do that before I am 30" or "I hope to be here when I am 30" you know? So with the help of some wonderful listeners, I have created a list of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30 on July 18th - my 30 before 30! Here it is:


30 BEFORE 30




  1. EAT A HABANERO PEPPER...OR AT LEAST TAKE A BITE


  2. DO A BACKFLIP ON A TRAMPOLINE


  3. GO BOATING ON LAKE MICHIGAN


  4. WATCH CITIZEN KANE (NEVER SEEN IT...TOLD I SHOULD!)


  5. DYE MY HAIR BLOND...ALWAYS WANTED TO DO IT!


  6. WATCH THE MUSICAL FOUNTAIN IN GRAND HAVEN


  7. GO TO A MOVIE BY MYSELF...FACING MY FEAR OF BEING ALONE!


  8. WIN A KARAOKE CONTEST - NOT MY IDEA


  9. GIVE BLOOD


  10. LEARN HOW TO PLAY TENNIS - SIGNED UP FOR LESSONS!!


  11. GET A PEDICURE - NEVER HAD ONE...NOT EVEN FOR MY WEDDING


  12. LEARN HOW TO BAKE SOMETHING THAT IS EDIBLE!


  13. MEMORIZE THE BOOK OF JAMES


  14. EAT AT FRICANO'S


  15. LOSE 20 LBS (NOT POSSIBLE IF I EAT AT FRICANO'S EVERY DAY)


  16. CUT, CLEAN AND DEEP FRY A CHICKEN


  17. MILK A COW


  18. RIDE IN A HOT AIR BALLOON


  19. RUN A MILE (WITHOUT DYING)


  20. COMPLETE A 4-5 STAR SODUKU PUZZLE (WITHOUT CHEATING)


  21. READ A BOOK (ALL THE WAY THRU)


  22. HOLD MY OWN GARAGE SALE (NEVER DID IT...COULD USE THE CASH)


  23. EAT PEANUT BUTTER ON A HAMBURGER...ICK!


  24. GO TO CANADA...NEVER BEEN =)


  25. CLEAN OUT MY BASEMENT - SOMETHING I SO NEED TO DO!


  26. SLEEP OUTSIDE...HOPEFULLY IN A TENT


  27. GET A TAN...NEVER HAD ONE...COULD REALLY USE ONE


  28. VOLUNTEER FOR A WORTHY CAUSE


  29. GO ON A DATE WITH MY HUSBAND (HAVEN'T BEEN ON ONE IN 2 YEARS)


  30. SPEND A DAY WITH MY BOYS ON A ROAD TRIP - NO INTERRUPTIONS!

So that is the list! I will cross them off as I complete them and post some pictures so you know I am REALLY going thru with it!! =) - If you have any other ideas for me...i would be ok doing 35 things...but easy stuff please !! =)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Mandy! I think that is an excellent idea. I have some of the same "wants". I hope you meet your goal (maybe not the hamburger/peanut butter combo however). Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday???

Anonymous said...

Well, did you do all of those things? It was a mighty tall list.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
And good luck doing ALL those things in a single lifetime! I couldn't!
So...
How did You do?? Finish??

Anonymous said...

Mandy~It's o.k. if ya didn't get to all of it. We still want to read your blog.

Anonymous said...

You never posted any Pictures like you said, you were going to and you never crossed them off the list so we know what you did. You going to let us know or what? Please :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Mandy? You could change it to do before you turn 40! That sounds more "do-able". Please update us.