Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Skill Crane


There is this spongebob episode called "skill crane" where spongebob is like this master skill crane operator and he can't lose, which irritates squidward because he couldn't win a prize to save his life!
I have never been one to let my boys get anything out of those red machines outside of grocery stores (much to my boys dismay) but I was feeling particularly generous yesterday and let my oldest Jack take a crack at the skill crane. I was guessing he wouldn't get anything and it would be a good opportunity to teach him about wasting money.
His FIRST try on that machine...he lands this HUGE squishy ball....so much for my great lesson. Now my 4 year old wants one too so I have his older brother try to win him one...shouldn't be that hard right? 5 DOLLARS LATER...still no toy for baby brother, who by this time is crying, and the lesson I had set out to teach the boys had TOTALLY backfired on me =) Now I know why my mother never let us get anything out of those red boxes. 90% of the time, red boxes = tears =)
I should have watched this though before I went...I could have avoided all the drama. Found it on you tube - if you ever feel the temptation to give the old skill crane a try....watch this first =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Video clip!!!

I did it once with my daughter and I won my first and only time. I thought I was a "Skill Crane" wiz.

Keep Posting to the BLOG I LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. We spent some time watching some of the other "brainiac" posts. There's one where a guy swims in syrup. SWEET! ;)