Friday, September 21, 2007

Oh I am watching my weight alright....


Watching it go up, up, up that is....I joined the Online portion of Weight Watchers a couple of weeks ago - I want to lose 25 pounds by Christmas, kind of like a Christmas present to myself. I have always been on these fad diets - starve yourself and just eat vegetables - you know what I am talking about. I wanted a plan that would let me eat like a normal person but keep it under control. Well I haven't eaten like a normal person in 15 years you know? I either starve myself or pig-out on the weekends knowing I plan to "start on monday" =) So this is a new concept to me. The first week I am like...sweet I can eat whatever I want as long as I am under the points so I am ONLY eating cookies, ice cream, cake until I hit the points (which was usually sometime around 11am) and then I couldn't eat anything else for the rest of the day. How insane is that?!? Needless to say that didn't pan out so good...first week - up 3 pounds...nice.... So this week a different approach that seems to be working a little better...so far so good anyways.

My husband and I always have these discussions because he quit smoking a few months ago. He smoked for 20 some odd years - his addiction was tobacco - mine is food. If he can beat his - I can beat mine...if only the brownies weren't so stinkin' good =) If you are trying like me to beat your addiction...this rice cake is for you! =) Have a good weekend...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My older sister, who is a registered dietician, always says the only weigh to loose weight is to decrease calories and increase exercise. Anything else is not worth the effort. Good luck with the diet.

Anonymous said...

Check out bodyforlife.com. Body for Life is a great lifestyle change. Remember what Richard Simmons says (at least I think he said it :) The first the three letters of diet are die. What we need to do is change our lifestyle not just the way we do things for a few months. Check out Body for Life. It is healthy eating for the whole family so no making special foods for just you. Our kids love the dinners and snacks we make! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy,

I joined TOPS about 1 1/2 yr ago and have lost 63 pounds. You should look to see if there is a TOPS chapter near you.