Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm Pathetic

My "daily" blogs have been pathetically inconsistent all summer long. Mmmm, feel that ownership. There are, I believe, two reasons for this: 1) the Summer (seems simple, requires lots of logistics) and, more importantly, 2) Blogger's block.

It's a syndrome.....SERIOUSLY!!

According to Debbie Weil, a business blogging consultant and founder of WordBiz Report:

"You're not alone—many bloggers are finding the practice overwhelming and are suffering from blog burnout. Survey software provider Perseus Development Corp. estimates that 66 percent of blogs have been abandoned, either temporarily (not updated within two months) or permanently."

All of my JQ coworkers have been doing great with their blogs this summer....me...not so much. I heard admitting you have a problem is the first step, so I am guessing the second step is to get off my lazy butt and write a blog everyday...easier said than done..=)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am one of those blog abandoners. Now I have been out lurking on other blogs and see what I really want to blog about. I think a blog does not have to be profound. It can be about those moments your kids make you laugh or why the dog goes round in circles before doing their "duty" on the lawn. Just "whatever" works for your mood or moment. It really is a journal of your thoughts, emotions, etc. Unfortunately you blog is advertised in a public domain which does not provide the anonymity the general public (like me) have to really be forthcoming with the true feelings. Guessing you have to find that "fine line" to suit your public image.
I feel for you.
I like to be,
Anonymous