Wednesday, September 05, 2007

First Day!!


Today was the first day for my little Owen! Jack had his first day yesterday and he did great - I tried not to cry, but totally broke down in the car after he left...pathetic =)
Dropped Owen off this afternoon, and since he is my baby I thought he would scream for me not to leave, get on his knees and BEG me to stay (a little over the top I know) but he said..."Mom, I'm good. I love you. You can go."
Boys are wierd.
So, I started this tradition with my boys on the first day of school last year when Jack started preschool. We go out to lunch, just the two of us, and spend time talking about EVERYTHING. Then we get a "dollar store" type of toy or puzzle and go home to put it together and hang out for the afternoon. I thought that they would totally forget about it after the day was done...but Jack was all excited yesterday knowing that he was going to have his very own "Mommy Time". I was very pleased that it was a hit! My mother is the queen of unique ideas and making each one of her 6 kids feel special and valued in their own way. She still does that now and we are all grown...Sometimes I focus too much on the "boys" and forget that the "boys" are two VERY different people - they should be given that special one on one time even if it requires some tricky time management.
One thing I noticed about kindergarten and preschool....i have all the homework! Jack's backpack is filled with things I have to fill out...he is off playing legos last night and I am stuck on the couch filling out volunteer forms...WHAT!?!? =)

5 comments:

Mari said...

They are so cute! I like the tradition you started. (Kids love traditions, I've found) This is the first year I have no kids going to school and I can't say I miss filling out all those forms!

Gracie said...

your boys are just adorable!! I love your special time with each of them! They will remember that forever. Oh yes, the paper work is overwhelming!! It is usually only for the first couple weeks though...

Anonymous said...

They are so cute! Are your little guys only one year apart?

Anonymous said...

them are some cute little milkshakes!

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so cute!